Hope everyone is well and having a pleasant weekend. I’m here with the intention of saying everything and nothing really. I have a bit of respite from the crazy world of maintaining a crazy toddler, I’m done with chores (for a bit anyway) and wifey has joined tilly for nap. So sitting with a cup of tea watching spurs vs liverpool, drinking tea and feeling a bit bleary-eyed.
I should probably be sleeping too, I’ve had another hectic work week and have certainly put the effort in at home over the weekend and to be honest I’m feeling pretty pooped. The opportunity to sit in perfect silence with the soul aim of amusing myself has proved too much. Got my typical Sunday head on I suppose, slightly tired, slightly irritable, trying desperately to avoid work-related thoughts for a few more hours and enjoy the rest of the weekend and somewhat vague and thoughtful too.
I spend less time in my head these days, which is ultimately a) a minor miracle and b) entirely necessary. The big thoughts this weekend are of slight dissatisfaction;
- having to spend 9-10 or so hours a day away from the two people I want to spend every moment with;
- all of the useless crap we allow into our lives the material nonsense and various poisons we muddy our bodies with;
- where in the world I’d most like to be and what my biggest passion is.
Three points very easy to resolve in an hour of peace I’m sure you’ll agree.
The answers for me I suppose are
- my end goal is finding a way to earn from home so I can be with my family and flexible in earning a living
- once again asking myself whether I am both brave and strong willed enough to just through caution to the wind and rid my life of a wide array of things
- The sea, definitely by the sea. But with regards to passion? I’m not so sure. My family are by far the biggest passion I have, other than that there’s alot of other stuff I enjoy, but not sure if I could define myself by any of it. Not sure I have to define myself by anything, perhaps I am just destined to muddy along, vaguely interested with most things if I’m in the right mood..